Re: gEDA-user: firmware and the GPL license

So, to go on a tangent here, what about 'code' in the form of Gerbers
and etc produced by PCB?  Would you consider the resultant board
produced by PCB to fall under a GPL license?  Would I have to offer
'source' if I sold boards produced with the software?

I realize a lot of the 'code' is stuff written by me, but what about
any headers or linked-in bits of code used to produce the final result
that I did not directly create?

Obviously, I have not read up enough about this, so don't flame me too
badly, but the discussion about firmware had me thinking.

On topic, what if I used a GPL'd compiler to generate firmware using
my own header files or the like?  At what point will I have to
distribute the source to my firmware?

-Steve