gEDA-user: gEDA/gschem: is guile regex module important?

Hello,

last update of my Gentoo-Linux installed a new version of guile (version
1.8.2):

Rebuild of gEDA was necessary (detected by revdep-rebuild)

If I launch gschem now, I get this message:

"Your Guile installation doesn't provide the regex module."

Before I rebuild guille and geda again with regex support (local regex useflag
for guile): How important/useful is the  regex functionality?

Best regards

Stefan Salewski