Re: gEDA-user: time to contribute...

> Seems not to be easy to set up a working page at gedasymbols.

Give him a chance to get everything uploaded!  He just started putting
files up there yesterday.

(although I should probably customize that error page for gedasymbols)

Yes, you should ask for an account.  If you have a local directory
structure that works, moving it to gedasymbols is not that hard.

> How are preview pictures handled at gedasymbols? Do we have to create a
> png-file for each symbol/footprint, or is this done automatically?

It's all done automatically.  You just upload the .fp or .sym and link
directly to it.