gEDA-user: gschem: Simple text-substitution macros for text labels?

How close is gschem to supporting simple macros or variables to be
included in text strings? I'm thinking about something like

"$filesavedatetime" expands to the date and time of the most-recent save
operation involving that current file, or
"$filename" expands to the saved file's name

such that (e.g.) I don't have to keep editing the title-block
information with every edit. I'm not looking for CPP functionality, just
some simple, useful substitutions. Also, IMO, applying them to attribute
strings would just be asking for headaches.

--
Marshall Jose, WA3VPZ