Re: gEDA-user: 2 make errors installing gwave

Robert,

> If you couldn't tell already, I am new to Linux so this is somewhat vague to
> me.

You've been trying to install gwave for quite a while now.  Your basic
problem is that gwave has not been supported or brought up to date for
perhaps five years.   It relies upon several libraries which are no
longer present on modern Linux boxen.  Getting gwave to work on a
modern Linux box would be fairly difficult for even an experienced
Linux guru to do [1], so it's no wonder you are struggling.

Perhaps we should take a step back and look at the big picture.  What
are you trying to do?  What files are you interested in viewing?  What
is your proposed design and analysis flow?  Perhaps there is a better
way to solve your problem.

Cheers,

Stuart

[1]  Yeah, I know that several people will now chime in and say "It's
easy!  All he needs to do is install libfoo.so, recompile the kernal
with the frombobulator settings enabled, and then rebuild gwave!"  And
that's exactly my point in saying it's difficult for a newbie......