Re: gEDA-user: gschem, howto prevent generation of .sch~ backup files?

Peter TB Brett wrote:
> On Thursday 29 November 2007 19:54:54 Dave N6NZ wrote:
>> Or at least can we name them something less obnoxious, or tuck them away
>> where I never, ever have to see them again in ls or accidentally include
>> them in a wild card again?  The current .sch~ system causes too much
>> clutter for even my trivial projects, I'd hate to see what it does on a
>> project of any size.
>
> This is a standard Unix convention (most text editors do the same),
That doesn't make it a good idea.

> and my ass
> has been saved on a number of occasions by their presence.
I have no quibble with their existence.  Their existence is a Good
Thing(tm).  I just don't want the clutter.

> It may be possible to add an option not to make them though -- please file a
> feature request.
The OP suggested eliminating them.  But while I agree with the OP that
they are obnoxious, I agree with you that they should exist.  I will
file a feature request to make them unobstrusive.

-dave