Re: gEDA-user: gerbv-1.0.3 released!

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:57:32 +0000 Peter Clifton wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 09:44 -0500, Stuart Brorson wrote:
>
> No urgency, as if needs be, we can track CVS, like Peter B does with PCB
> from time to time (and did with gEDA before the switch).
>
> Any "demand" to switch coming from my direction would only really come
> if I had time to help work on the "why is cairo slower" issue, and even
> that could be done via tracking CVS.

It is nice (personally for me) that the stable branch of gerbv supports gtk,
because cairo is not available so easily. again, it is good (for me) that the
sources live in CVS and not GIT: I never run the latter, however sometimes I am
interested in writing patches for gerbv.

I think if the project switchs to GIT and drops gtk support, I shall install
then-needed packages but I can't predict what resources it will get from me to
configure the software properly.

Just my 2 kopeeks