Re: gEDA-user: PCB: plated slots?

If you are routing the slot, it will probably look like a "plating to board edge" violation if you intend to run metal right up to and into the slot.  Be sure to check with the fab house to see if they would support this.  Many will not.  In the past we always had to work with them to make  sure we got the result we wanted since routing is usually done after plating, not before.

Joe T

On Nov 11, 2007 7:42 PM, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It seems there are two ways of doing slots.

Yup.  The G85 one seems simple enough.  I think the G87 one would
require the fab's engineers to check them.  Last time I asked a fab
about outline routing files, they said "Don't" as they need to know
what their machines need for offsets and limits and such.

> I can also get you a sample drill file with a slot, if you want.

Sure.