Re: gEDA-user: PCB no longer has a 50 mil grid size?

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007, Ben Jackson wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 08:50:31AM +0100, Klaus Rudolph wrote:
> > David Griffith schrieb:
> > > I just upgraded my installation of PCB from 20070208 to pcb_20070912 and
> > > noticed that View->Grid_size no longer has an option to set the gridsize
> > > to 50 mils.  I don't see why that option should have been removed.  Would
> > > whoever took it out please put it back?
> >
> > Yes, I need it also! That is my most important grid. I have actually
> > both versions installed while 50mil has gone :-( I have no idea how
> > normal DIL routing should work without 50mil... wondering...
>
> You can do :SetValue(Grid,5000) as a workaround until it's changed, or you
> decide to set up your own .res...
>
> Looks like DJ changed it in Mar 2006 with the HID checkin.  It definitely
> wasn't in 20070208, I just checked the tagged revision (assuming you mean
> lesstif hid).  Perhaps you were picking up a different res file for a while?

The one I'm using is the 20070208p1-1 version installed by Ubuntu which
was taken from Debian.  That one has the 50mil setting.  I think I see how
to change things for a custom .deb build.  I modify src/pcb-menu.res and
look for these two lines:

    { "25 mil"   checked=gridsize,2500 SetUnits(mil) SetValue(Grid,2500)}
    {"100 mil"   checked=gridsize,10000 SetUnits(mil) SetValue(Grid,10000)}

Then I insert the correct code for 50 mils between those two.  But I'm
looking at the file from the Debian source for PCB that does include 50
mils, but that pcb-menu.res lacks a 50 mil clause as well.

<scratches head>

--
David Griffith
dgriffi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx