Re: gEDA-user: what's the pcb command for 45 degree rotate?

> Works for me -- kind of. Text is not rotated. Squared vias and pins
> keep their orientation. Pads derived from lines with zero length
> also don't rotate. I guess, these are known weaknesses.

Yup.  There's a hook in the HID to tell the pad drawing routines what
angle to use, but I haven't done anything with it yet.  Note that this
is tied in with the "elements need to know what angle they are" design
change idea.

> How about an enhanced rotate tool:
> * left mouse button: rotate 90° counterclockwise
> * right mouse button: rotate 90° clockwise
> * middle mouse button: ask for rotate angle

Right mouse already does rotation for me.

And you can only free-rotate the buffer, not anything under the
cursor.