Re: gEDA-user: Autonumbering in multi-page schematic

Hi Rob,

On Freitag, 31. Oktober 2008, Rob Butts wrote:
> I have three pages of schematics named: name_1.sch, name_2.sch and
> name_3.sch.  I want to autonumber the refdeses for the whole
> hierarchy.

You currently do not have a hierarchical structur of schematics.

> I did a tu, set it for autonumber text in: whole
> hierarchy, skip numbers found in: selected objects and I checked the
> overwrite existing numbers box.  It is only autonumbering the page I
> start it on.

> Is this because of the way I have the pages saved?

You have to create a hierarchy with a parent schematic. If you start the
autonumbering with the parent schematic and activate the hierarchical
autonumbering, then all child schematics will be renumbered.

The child schematics are referenced by the source attribute that is
attached to a symbol in the parent schematic.

You can use the commands for hierarchy up and down to navigate between
the parent schematic and the child schematics.

Example of a parent schematic attached. Required gafrc file to define
the search path, too.

Regards
Werner

(define current-working-directory (getenv "PWD"))

(component-library current-working-directory)
(source-library  current-working-directory)