Re: gEDA-user: powermeter board, with less ground planes :-)

On Nov 1, 2008, at 1:31 PM, Joerg wrote:
>>> And yet I keep improving it anyway.
>>
>> If there's one thing I've learned about working on layouts it's that
>> you're never really done - you just have to stop sometime. There's
>> always room for one last tweak!
>>
> It's like with uC programming. No matter how much ROM/Flash there
> is the
> programmer won't stop until he's at 90-95% fill level. One reason
> why I
> use a contract layouter. He does layouts completely sans any emotional
> feelings. The real good thing is he pretty much understands from
> looking
> at the schematic what areas are RF-critical. The only chat we
> really had
> during the layout last week was about the stock market.

   Eh.  I think the results are often MUCH better if the person doing
the work truly CARES about it, at a personal level.  The purposeful
de-humanization in the guise of "professionalism" has given us low-
quality, sloppy products.

   This is not to suggest that your layout guy does poor work...I'm
sure he's good, or you wouldn't use his services.

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL