Re: gEDA-user: powermeter board, with less ground planes :-)

DJ Delorie wrote:
> Ok, final layout...  I hope...
>
> http://www.delorie.com/electronics/powermeter/
>
> I added a back photo, a PDF of both schematic pages (every channel is
> the same, of course), and gerbers.

With help from a German NG I finally got my Ubuntu to run full screen.
Much easier on the eyes looking at a layout.

Nice job. The only thing left is to decide what to do with the circuit
ground. Wherever safety regs permit I always run that straight to all
the bolts. Whatever you do never leave that floating about. Same for the
enclosure. Of course if the enlosure is plastic this doesn't matter.

After that it's, as we analog guys always say, "just software". To be
honest I am afraid you'll have to measure more than just the kilowatts.
  For example you probably want to know pressure curves during the time
the well pump comes on and how hard it runs as the pressure builds.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/