Re: gEDA-user: remove copper

On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 11:12 -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > After I have made a ground plane, how can I remove a little bit of
> > copper, like a square shape ?
>
> Some ways:
>
> 1. Draw lines that clear the copper, but this leaves lines around.
>
> 2. Add more corners to go around the hole.
>
> 3. split the polygon into two, one on each side of the hole.
>
> PCB doesn't have a "negative copper" tool, if that's what you're
> asking for.

I have a patch which adds that functionality (it mis-uses the "hole"
flag to indicate that a polygon isn't drawn, and uses it to clear away
other polygons... made vague sense to me at the time, its a "hole" in
the polygon, but perhaps I ought to make a new flag if this feature were
ever merged)

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,