gEDA-user: installing geda tools on laptop

   Hi
   I tried to install GEDA tools on my laptop; first I tried on Ubuntu
   8.10 and then Fedora 9.
    In both events some components eg. ngspiceui are not installing. In
   ubuntu the has not tried to install missing dependencies,
   where with Fedora missing dependencies  are installed by geda suite.
    Yet I had to continue without  installing  packages like  ngspiceui.
   Suite CD download is ok as I could fully install the package on 32bit
   desktop.
   My laptop is HP nx6115 using AMD 64bit Turion Processor. Are there any
   limitations because of this? I am thankful to anyone giving useful
   suggestions.
   --
   vsrk sarma
   +91 98498 64184