gEDA-user: PCB cause heavy load on X server

Hello,
After putting some big components (ICs in 200pin TQFP) on my board I've noticed that PCB slowed down drastically. Now it takes over 2-3 seconds to redraw a component in different place after moving. I've checked system load with top and it seems that X server uses 100% CPU at that time not PCB. Further tests showed that even moving entire PCB window is very slow. I would guess that my system is too slow - but why only with PCB? All other apps (gimp, gschem, terminal, charts from matplotlib ect.) moves beautifully even with transparency. What is so special in PCB window? Is there anything I can do to improve this?

Thanks in advance,
Michael W.