Re: gEDA-user: temperature logger/sensor

I probably would have gone with the Atmel Data Flash as opposed to the
memory chips you are using. (But it uses SPI Interface.) For example:
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc3500.pdf

As far as the Power Supply goes, replace the 470 pF cap. Either you
accidentally put the wrong on on, or something is bad with the solder
joint. Take what you have off, and put a new one on. Clean the board
with Alcohol if you are using no clean or rosin core solder, or wash it
if you are using water soluble solder flux.

The other problem may be the C101 470 uF capacitor. Usually switchers
need very low ESR capacitors in this position. So two electrolytic in
parallel, or a Low ESR Tant. and add a ceramic 10 uF and 1 uF help
ensure a low ESR with the big cap.

Kip

--
Kipton Moravec AE5IB
"Always do right; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest."