Re: gEDA-user: unumber on copy-paste

On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 19:35 +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> This is one of the little usability issues that might make a difference:
>
> I seem to do much copy-paste during schematic capture. Currently symbols
> are copied as is. The result in double refdes numbers which have to be
> fixed manually. Is there a way to  automatically remove refdes numbers of
> copied symbols in gschem? Much like aautonumber, but with "?" instead of
> the numbers.

I use the attached. I wrote it as a little example for someone (can't
recall who), and ended up using it.

Dump it in ~/.gEDA/ and add the following to your gafrc, adjusting paths
as necessary:

(load-from-path "/home/pcjc2/.gEDA/unnumber-refdes.scm")
(add-hook! copy-component-hook unnumber-refdes)

;; Copyright (C) 2008 Peter Clifton
;;
;; This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
;; it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
;; the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
;; (at your option) any later version.
;;
;; This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
;; MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
;;
;; along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
;; Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111 USA

(use-modules (srfi srfi-13) (srfi srfi-14))

(define (unnumber-refdes attribs)

  ;; Function to strip digit suffixes
  (define (strip-digit-suffix string)
    (string-trim-right string char-set:digit)
  )

  (define (unnumbered-refdes oldrefdes)
    (if (string-suffix? "?" oldrefdes)
      oldrefdes
      (string-append (strip-digit-suffix oldrefdes) "?")
    )
  )

  (for-each
    (lambda (attrib)
      (let* ((name-value (get-attribute-name-value attrib))
             (name (car name-value))
             (value (cdr name-value)))
        (if (string=? name "refdes")
          (set-attribute-value! attrib (unnumbered-refdes value)))
      )
    )
    attribs
  )