Re: gEDA-user: gschem: how to turn texts upside-down?

On Fri, 2009-11-06 at 08:51 +0000, Ineiev wrote:
> Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote
> > As Peter mentioned, you still need to disable to code to flip 180 degree
> > rotated text back upright.
> > grep for "180" in the files:
> > libgeda/src/o_text_basic.c
> > gschem/src/o_text.c
> > There might be other places too, such as the text editing dialogues, but
> > I'm not certain.
>
> Thanks, I'll look.
>
> > Is this in Cyrillic, or Latin typeface? I wonder if the I18N rendering
> > will "do the right thing" when thrown the appropriate UTF-8.
>
> It's Cyrillic; with recent gschem versions, it just works (though,
> have no idea about how the fonts should be installed).

Urm.. me neither.. Cairo just "uses" the fonts the system can find. I
believe you might be able to drop fonts in ~/.fonts/ but I'm not quite
sure what format they need to be.

I'm sorry to say that printing Cyrillic probably won't work.. I have
some experimental cairo printing code which can make it work if you need
- although it (the code) is a little ugly at the moment. Output seems OK
though (attached).

> > Do you have any example you could show us, as I'm having difficulty
> > visualising the requirement.
>
> The attached cyrtest.sch (and exported from it cyrtest.png)
> is a rough approximation of a standard title.

I understand it now.. and I "think" I can see why its useful. Presumably
it helps you find "up-side-down" documents in a stack?