Re: gEDA-user: PCB: window focus bug in GL branch?

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 13:15:38 -0500, Ethan Swint wrote:

> I just did a git fetch & build today from Peter's GL branch - many kudos
> again! - but I'm getting a few "features" in my zooming activity.  The
> first is reproducible by
> 1) open PCB layout
> 2) Swap application focus
> 3) Use Alt+TAB to return focus to PCB.
> 4) Use scroll wheel to zoom

Alt+Tab does not focus the mouse here. I have to move the mouse to the
pcb window to make the mouse wheel zoom in pcb. (My config is: Gnome,
metacity, mouse_focus=sloppy, pcb from Peters before-pours branch)

> The menu bars around the drawing area gray out and don't return,

menu bars are ok here.

> although you can zoom in and out all day long.  Gone also is the command
> interface or any other action.  I have seen this behavior on the GTK
> interface, as well.

Note, the GL-Branch uses GTK, too.

> The second bug I'm seeing may be more GL-specific and involves the DRC
> window.  After double-clicking in the DRC window, the cursor is
> transferred to the main PCB window on top of the DRC error.  However,
> all other tools seem to be inoperative.

What I see here is, that the mouse is warped but the window is not given
focus.

>  Zooming changes the range on the scroll bars, but the canvas is
> not updated.

works here.

> The cursor is updated
> according to the tool selection, but no button or key strokes register
> on the canvas.

works too.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211