Re: gEDA-user: Confusing new 1.6 behavior

On Nov 16, 2009, at 4:53 PM, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 13:20:01 -0700, John Doty wrote:
>
>> Yet another example of the speed of gEDA bug fixes.
>
> Unfortunately, there is a number of not so speedy fixes, too.

Unlike the big $$ packages, the gEDA developers are pretty good about
avoiding "fixes" that are kludges hiding symptoms rather than
actually fixing underlying causes. It seemed to me that one big $$
package I used years ago introduced a new bug for every bug they
"fixed". I have not had that experience with gEDA.

>> The big $$ packages sure can't compete here!
>
> Does 1500 USD/Seat count as big $$? If so, you may take a look at
> eagle.support.eng or eagle.support.ger.

Can Eagle do VLSI? Or work with whatever tool my customer's preferred
layout contractor uses? Or extract symbolic data from a schematic for
analysis? Should I pay for a package that can't actually execute
*any* of the project flows I use with gEDA, and locks me into a
closed system?

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx