gEDA-user: gEDA, awesome wm and dual monitor

Hi all,

I recently start up trying to use gEDA and Friends.
As window-manager I use awesome (http://awesome.naquadah.org/) which as far as
I can see share many ideas with the gEDA project in terms of GUI usage.
Thus, I wondering whether there are more awesome users here.

Awesome is a tiling minimalistic window manager without window boarders,
maximising window size for applications.
Naturally, floating fixed size dialog boxes are poison for this principle since
they might create a lot of funny annoying things in a tiling maximising window
manager. Awesome tries to figure out how to deal with it and use a special
floating mode if it notice about a dialog box.

I noticed that gschem and pcb open up a dialog box at start which are not
recognised by awesome as floating boxes and wonder if there is any way to
either suppress this or to fix the size within awesome.
I can look throw awesome page and wiki to find a solution for this but thought
maybe someone here have a nice working config already.

Furthermore, I use a dual monitor set-up (something maybe not as unlikely for
EDA systems). However, for some reasons, the dialog boxes e.g. for the library
selection window always open up at the wrong display.
I know this strange behaviour from other programs as well. On the awesome mail
list people refer to the fact the programs themselves mess around with the
window settings. I guess, if this is true it might be interesting for some of
the devs to check at which point gschem and pcb might conflict with the window
managers since this might create all kind of problems not only in awesome but
also for other window managers.

Greetings

Torsten