gEDA-user: Newbie-Problems no footprints in pcb after gsch2pcb

Hi,

I tried to get into gEDA and thought I will create a little test-project.
I followed the tutorial http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:gsch2pcb_tutorial.
Since I have to use a lot of SMD-LEDs in the near future I thought I just try
to create a very simple schematic on my own and try to follow the way of the
tutorial.
However, after I finished up the drawing in gschem, I used gsch2pcb to generate
the PCB file.
If I open up this file it remains empty.
Starting conversion accoridng to the tutorial by:

> gsch2pcb 8_light_sources.rc

whereas 8_light_sources.rc is my project file only contain schematic and board
output name.

Output of gsch2pcb is:

gsch2pcb backend configuration:

   Variables which may be changed in gafrc:
   gsch2pcb:pcb-m4-command:    /usr/bin/m4
   gsch2pcb:pcb-m4-dir:        /usr/local/share/pcb/m4
   gsch2pcb:pcb-m4-confdir:    /usr/local/etc/pcb
   gsch2pcb:pcb-m4-path:       /usr/local/share/pcb/m4  /usr/local/etc/pcb
$HOME/.pcb  .
   gsch2pcb:m4-command-line:   /usr/bin/m4 -d  -I/usr/local/share/pcb/m4 -
I/usr/local/etc/pcb -I$HOME/.pcb -I. /usr/local/share/pcb/m4/common.m4 - >>
8_light_sources.pcb

   Variables which may be changed in the project file:
   gsch2pcb:use-m4:            yes

Using the m4 processor for pcb footprints
WARNING: V+ has no footprint attribute so won't be in the layout.

----------------------------------
Done processing.  Work performed:
0 file elements and 8 m4 elements added to 8_light_sources.pcb.
1 components had no footprint attribute and are omitted.

Next step:
1.  Run pcb on your file 8_light_sources.pcb.
    You will find all your footprints in a bundle ready for you to place
    or disperse with "Select -> Disperse all elements" in PCB.

2.  From within PCB, select "File -> Load netlist file" and select
    8_light_sources.net to load the netlist.

3.  From within PCB, enter

           :ExecuteFile(8_light_sources.cmd)

    to propagate the pin names of all footprints to the layout.

The missing footprint is ok for now. I did not assign one to a component to
see what happens.
The PCB-file is also written and peeping inside I saw many stuff which seems
like it should be o.k. ;)

Starting PCB by

> pcb 8_light_sources.pcb

Opens up PCB and direclty fires up library selection dialog.
However, I just find a plain empty sheet. No footprints.

I use the PCB version 20091103
and gEDA just compiled from git.

Would be nice if someone is able to help me out

Thanks

Torsten