Re: gEDA-user: How to deal with single/dual parts?

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 16:08:30 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:

> Adding numslots=0 explicitly defines your intention that you don't want
> slotting,

However, gnetlist -g drc2 reports an error on doubly used slots for multi-
symbol components, even if all of the symbols contain "numslots=0".
Is this a bug, or a feature?

> although I'm fine with it NOT being mandatory.

Me too :-)
Can you give some examples, when the attribute is actually used (and
useful)?

> gsymcheck is awfuly fussy about attributes I rarely bother including.

ack. With my first self drawn symbols I spent quite some time making
gsymcheck happy. Later, experience showed, that neither all gsymcheck
errors meant serious flaws nor did the check find all fatal errors.
Currently I don't use gsymcheck at all and just test the symbols on the
job.

> When I'm doing diagrams for symbols (which I don't netlist), I don't
> even bother using pinseq.

pinseq is the other most obscure attribute. The master attribute simply
asserts, it is used "extensively". Can anyone enlighten me what will
actually break if pins do not contain pinseq attributes?

---<(kaimartin>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Öffentlicher PGP-Schlüssel: