Re: gEDA-user: trying to compile gwave 20090213

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 9:37 PM, Werner Hoch wrote:
> Hi Chitlesh,
> If I have installed guile-gnome-platform-devel, then gwave runs fine.
> Without it, it crashes:
> I think I've only a packaging error in my rpms.
> Does anybody know, which of the files in the of the devel file list
> should be in the guile-gnome-platform package?

Hi Werner,

Yes, (accordance to the RPM packaging guidelines) you will need
guile-gnome-platform-devel since gwave needs its *.so files. However,
a guile-gnome-platform-devel represents more -devel dependencies for
the user, which he/she doesn't need.

We have this comment on the fedora's guile-gnome-platform spec file
111   # .so files needed to load libraries at runtime
112 	# so they are part of the main package rather than
113 	# the devel subpackage
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/guile-gnome-platform/devel/guile-gnome-platform.spec?view=markup

I recall seeing a lot of file swaping between g-wrap and
guile-gnome-platform upstream sources every release. When you get
gwave working on a particular dependency set, ask their openSUSE
maintainers not to update them blindly every release, if not this will
break gwave all the time.

You can remove the *.la from your guile-gnome-platform spec file and
add the full source0 url on your gwave's spec file.

regards,
Chitlesh