Re: gEDA-user: How to deal with single/dual parts?

On Nov 19, 2009, at 3:00 AM, Michael Sokolov wrote:

> John Doty <jpd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> A powerful component of an electronic design *automation* process.
>> Not the usual fritterware tool that forces you to tell it what to do,
>> repeatedly, by manual operation. Do graphics with GUI, do flow with
>> scripts. High productivity rather than cute a marketable.
>
> John, why don't you just fork?

That would be a disaster. The developers are *far* more of an asset
to me than a liability. Consider Peter C.'s near instantaneous fix to
the component placing confusion. The issues we're discussing are only
a small part of the the story: the places where the suite and the
development process work well get less attention (and that itself is
part of my concern: please don't fix what *isn't* broken).

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx