>> From: Steven Michalske <smichalske@xxxxxxxxx>
>>         Subject: Re: gEDA-user: Teardrop plugin
>>
>> On Nov 19, 2009, at 6:03 AM, Vincent Onelli wrote:
>>                 > Hello,
>>         >
>>         > I downloaded teardrop.c file, I would like to use, but I do
>>         not know          > how
>>         > to compile and install can anybody give me direction?
>>         > Thank you. Vinny
>>         >
>>         >
>>         http://github.com/bert/pcb-plugins/
>>                 go clone that repo, and it has a makefile, you will
>> get all of
>>         the pcb-         plugins
>>                 cd src
>>         make && make install
>>                 GO BERT!
>>         downloaded bert's plugin, but make resulted with all the
>>         following errors, what am I doing wrong?
>>                 [vinnyo@desktop src]$ make
>>         which: no sw_vers in
>>
>> (/usr/lib/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/lib/ccache:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/home/vinnyo/bin)

<snip, snip, deleted stuff here>

> I looked into this and I think that those errors stem from the fact that
> both sources trees were on an unequal level.
>
> I committed a change in the makefile to correct this.
> See the verbose commit message.
> I will include this text in the README file as well.
>
> One other thing is to mention is:
>
> cd src
> make all
> make install
>
> and
>
> make clean
>
> to remove the *.so and *~ stuff from the src directory.
>
> the building process leaves a trail of warnings about unused variables
> and other issues, I left the code as is, I could clean up my own
> plug-ins though.
>
> <todo>
> make uninstall
> clean up my own plug-ins
> </todo>
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Bert Timmerman.
>
> BTW: patches and plug-in code are welcome :)

Both todos are done :)

Most of the warnings were related to missing header files, which are now
included.

And the some unused variables, those I did outcomment by //

Which leaves some warnings about variables not being initialized, those
I left as is.

Kind regards,

Bert Timmerman.