Re: gEDA-user: Dsub15 HD

Hi Anthony,

Anthony Shanks wrote:
> Finally getting the hang of the footprint file format, here is a
> footprint of a dsub 15 high density connector (Analog VGA) if anyone
> needs it.
>
> More footprints to come.

Congrats :)

Just a couple of notes for you to keep an eye on :

- ordering of pin numbers looks weird to me, this might bite with (your)
gschem symbols.

- I do not have a drill size 46.85 mils , or is this metric 1.189 mm ?

- pad diameter is 70 mils.

- annulus = 11.57 mils, is that large enough for hand soldering ?

- solder mask hole is 65.06 mils, giving a -2.47 mils overlap with the pad.

You can check pin/pad dimensions and stuff by hovering over and pressing
<ctrl><r>, and you get a popup dialog with values.

I for one always check pin dimensions in a text editor (with calculator
nearby as I live in the metric universe).

<note to devs>
IMHO, it's is a major pitah that pcb doesn't allow for interactive
entering/changing these values in the popup dialog (that is present
values in entry boxes instead of text labels).

Maybe I should scratch that itch myself.
</note to devs>

Kind regards,

Bert Timmerman.