gEDA-user: OT: Learning Scheme? WAS: How to deal with single/dual parts?

On Sun, 2009-11-22 at 09:41 -0700, John Doty wrote:
> But what is it about engineers that I hear constantly "I don't want
> to learn..." from them? So unprofessional. For something complex and
> obfuscated, the time factor comes in, but Scheme is one of the
> simplest programming languages there is.

OK, before I started whining about having to vaguely comprehend Yet Another Computer Language I
decided that I would run through a couple of tutorials.  But all the google results I followed kept
showing things like DrScheme, Haskell, ptl-scheme and Lisp, among others.

Are any of these truly Scheme as relates to gEDA or just useless crap pasted on top of the language?

-Mark Stanley