Re: gEDA-user: How to deal with single/dual parts?

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 07:33:54 -0600, Bill Gatliff wrote:

> Keeping the data primitives separated until the last minute would make
> external scripting easier and more consistent,

The downside is, it would make communication with peers more difficult.
Currently, I can pass heavy symbols and the corresponding footprints to
communicate our local preferences regarding the choice of components.
With your proposal, I'd need to additionally pass a host of config files
whose version needs to be in unison with the symbols and footprints.

The concept of symbols and footprints is intuitive and pretty easy to
grasp for low-time users. It should only be replaced by something more
abstract if there is a compelling reason.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Öffentlicher PGP-Schlüssel: