Re: gEDA-user: Some questions about pcb

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:50:48 -0800, Anthony Shanks wrote:

>>> 2. How do I move a refdes without moving the component?
>>
>> View->Only Names (or something like that)
>>

> I have pcb open right now and I don't see this option or anything
> similar.

In GTK-version of pcb this option resides abou midway through the
Settings menu.

> Sorry, what I really wanted to do is invert the refdes, not the
> component. Is there any invert option for the refdes?

I don't think, that this can be done from within the GUI. There is
nothing in the land pattern document about on mirrored text, either.
( http://www.brorson.com/gEDA/land_patterns_20070818.pdf )

By the way, is there a more comprehensive documentation of the pcb format
available?

Another side note:
The download page on sourceforge features pcb-20091103.tar.gz . By
contrast, on the newest news item on gpleda announces
	Development snapshot 20081128
	( http://pcb.gpleda.org/news.html )

>>> 6. How do I resize polygons after creating them?
>>
>> You move the corners with the arrow tool.
>
> You mean the SEL tool? I don't see how to move corners, it only lets me
> drag (move) the whole option, not change the size.

Move the mouse exactly to the corner of the polygon and drag. Yes, there
is no visual feedback. And yes, this makes editing polygons a pain. I
tend to kill the polygon in question and do a redraw from scratch.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211