Re: gEDA-user: Some questions about pcb

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 11:21 AM, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> 1. So after drawing rat lines between two components, it gives a
>> default netname of ratdrawn. How do I rename the rat after playing it?
>
> Save to file, edit the .pcb, reload.  Or start with a schematic so you
> can name all the nets easily.

I'm not using gsch2pcb so the netnames in the schematic aren't
applicable (starting layout from scratch). There is no in-tool way to
edit the net names? I have to edit them in the .pcb file?

>> 2. How do I move a refdes without moving the component?
>
> View->Only Names (or something like that)

I have pcb open right now and I don't see this option or anything similar.

>> 3. How do I rotate or invert a component after placing it? I see how
>> to use the buffer command to rotate or invert but instead of rotating
>> or inverting the selected component it inserts a new one.
>
> Use the rotate tool.  You don't "invert" components, you move them to
> the other side of the board with the 'b' key.

Sorry, what I really wanted to do is invert the refdes, not the
component. Is there any invert option for the refdes?

>> 4. Is there anyway for ratlines to move with an component instead of
>> having to use the optimize rats command every time I move components
>> around?
>
> No.
>
>> 5. I am a bit confused by the layers, i have power, gnd, and signal
>> 1-4. If I just want a top and bottom layer, which layers do I use?
>
> solder and component.

Solder is the top layer and component is the bottom layer?

>> 6. How do I resize polygons after creating them?
>
> You move the corners with the arrow tool.

You mean the SEL tool? I don't see how to move corners, it only lets
me drag (move) the whole option, not change the size.