Re: gEDA-user: Do any gEDA users depend on tear-off menus with GTK? (Using gEDA apps)

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:54:57 -0800, Anthony Shanks wrote:

>> I was just
>> wondering if anyone actually used the feature?

I do.  And I routinely tear off Settings and Select->Select_by_name
My desktop is two monitors, so there is enough screen real estate. I tend
to switch settings a lot. So it is nice to have this menu open for a
quick check of the current settings.

A permanent Select_by_Name is really a workaround for a missing shortcut
to the find dialog. (Should be [CTRL-f])

>> If anyone _does_ use the feature, and would miss it..

I'd miss it, but admit, that my needs might be satisfied by the GUI in a
different way. In my case a shortcut to the find dialog. And regular
settings dialog.

>> Speak now - or loose it.

done.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211