Re: gEDA-user: Number of Layers

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 12:41:45PM -0500, Tony Radice wrote:
> The idea of a 56 layer board makes my eyes water.
> I Have worked on a 36, and that was (believe me) BAD ENOUGH!!

I've never seen more than 24 myself, and designed with more than 6,
but I suspect that your 36 layer PCB had blind and buried vias.

As long as you don't have blind and buried vias in PCB, I'm not
sure that such a large number of layers is really useful in practice:
vias that occupy all layers really complicate things like BGA
exit patterns (on the inner rings).

	Gabriel