Re: gEDA-user: PCB+GL Testers (please test)

On Thu, 2010-11-04 at 00:48 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:

> It is interesting to note that git HEAD PCB is slower than 20091103. I
> wonder what I broke ;) (There might be some performance trade-offs which
> have been made to improve other activities).
>
> I might have to dig into that, as it is quite a worrying regression on
> some of the boards.

I've just read over the git log and can't see anything which jumps out
at me. Perhaps some potential changes in performance on polygon
operations, but those aren't happening during benchmarking anyway, the
"NoHoles" polygons (are / should be) cached.

I'd be fascinated to see results of a git bisect between the
pcb-20091103 tag and git HEAD to see where the performance dropped.

pidpeltier looks like the board with the most dramatic difference
between the versions.

If you fancied sending me any of the boards off-list, I'll have a play
and see if I can make PCB+GL faster with them ;)

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,