Re: gEDA-user: icarus, fork, and recursive tasks

> Sweet little board - lots of useful I/O. RX62N processor looks
> pretty well equipped too.

<marketing>

The RX is Renesas's latest chip offering, and they're trying to make
it obsolete a wide range of other chips.  So far so good.  It's a
32-bit (16 general registers) risc/cisc hybrid that gets up to 165
DMIPS or 2.25 coremarks/mhz (with gcc, of course).  The 62N comes with
512K of flash and 96k of ram, runs at 100 MHz, includes FPU, ethernet,
usb, sdram, uart, TFT-dma, A/D, D/A, and a bunch of other things
(motor control, spi, i2c, can, lin, interrupts, timers, etc), and
still costs only $18 at digikey (they're available now).  Available in
144 and 100 pin TQFP, plus 176, 145, and 84 pad BGA/LGA.

The 610 ($23) has fewer peripherals (no enet/usb/sdram) but comes with
up to 2mb flash and 128k ram.  The 62T ($11) has less memory but extra
timers for high-end motor control.

They're planning on coming out with a RX-200 series in the future that
will be smaller (down to 5x5mm) and cheaper.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Cat=2556109&k=rx600

</marketing>

My board basically just hooked connectors up to all the RX62N's
internal peripherals :-)

> What size of 3AN are you using on it?

Smallest - the XS3S50AN.  The 3AN is only available in one
configuration per package size; to get more blocks you need to get
more pins (well, balls) also.  I'm hoping the 50 is big enough to
squeeze in all the logic I need, the next size up is BGA.