gEDA-user: Restrict facility?

I am looking at migrating from Eagle to PCB and thus am a complete newbie to PCB, although an old hand at printed circuit boards.

Eagle has a facility, both in component packages and on the board, where you can create rectangular areas that are "no go" for the router. I've spent some time looking, thus far without success, to see if there is an equivalent facility in PCB. That could be because:

 a) There is no such facility.
 b) The manual fails to mention it.
 c) It's there but I'm just missing it.

Can anyone confirm that such a facility does/does-not exist? In Eagle these are called restrict layers but searching the geda archive for "restrict" yielded only some acrimonious discussion about GPL.

Thanks

Cam Farnell