Re: gEDA-user: pcb displays popup dialogs for messages instead of using log window

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 10:51:15 +1100
Stephen Ecob <silicon.on.inspiration@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 8:36 AM, Kai-Martin Knaak
> <knaak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Colin D Bennett wrote:
> >
> >> The startup messages are a little annoying,
> >> but when I hit 'o' and get a barrage of dozens of "shorted net"
> >> warnings, etc., it's basically unusable.
> >
> > I have installed many versions of pcb but have never seen this.
>
> Me neither.  Strange bug!
>
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 7:53 AM, Colin D Bennett <colin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > I've been using the pcb 2010-09-29 release (built from git sources
> > on Ubuntu 10.04 amd64) and also now tried the latest git HEAD as of
> > 2010-11-07 and the problem remains.
>
> I've built and run 2010-09-29 from the sourceforge tarball and also
> recently built and run from git head.
> Both have been fine on my Fedora Core 13 x86-32 system.
> I also know that some community members are using Gentoo successully.
> So:
>
> * Anyone else out there running PCB on Ubuntu 10.04 ?
>
> * Anyone else out there running PCB on AMD64 ?
>
> If so, do you see this bug ?

Just to clarify in case any readers didn't see my other post in the
thread:  the problem is fixed and it was simply due to some stale
generated files in my build environment.  Doh!  I should have
double-checked that I did a clean build in a new directory before
posting to the list.

It's not a pcb bug, but it certainly was a weird experience.

Regards,
Colin