Re: gEDA-user: PCB+GL+3D Packages??

On Mon, 2010-11-15 at 02:37 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:
> An actual rendering from PCB+GL with some code I've been playing with...
>
> http://www2.eng.cam.ac.uk/~pcjc2/geda/pcb+gl_3d/pcb+gl_3d_packages_mockup.png

And I figured out lighting a little better, and in the process ran into
a nasty "bug/feature" in mesa triggered by our large coordinates (which
necessitates a MODELVIEW matrix with a very very small determinant, and
then things inside mesa give up when trying to invert it).

I fixed the issue by scaling "w" of the homogeneous coordinates rather
than using glScale, which scales x, y and z.

http://www2.eng.cam.ac.uk/~pcjc2/geda/pcb+gl_3d/pcb+gl_3d_packages_mockup2.png

The code which rendered this is in my "local_customisation" branch. It
will pick out and 3D-abuse any ACY400 footprints it finds (placed by
gsch2pcb ONLY) on the board. (gsch2pcb leaves a tell-tale description
which lets me see what footprint was requested).

Best wishes,

Peter C.