Re: gEDA-user: mirrored footprint

On 11/23/2010 03:52 PM, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
Hi.
I just hit a legitimate use case for mirrored footprints:
A layout sketch for dead-bug-prototyping. That is, glue the component
with its back to the board and do the wires manually. However, there seems
to be no way to mirror a footprint.

Hi,

I recently made something similar - I did not want do drill holes so I made SMD's out of common DIP package by bending legs. So I also needed mirrored footprints. In this directory

http://fyzika.fce.vutbr.cz/pub/

there are photos as well as a python script which generates the footprints. But it is workaround only. It would be fine to have such option for all footprints.

Regards,
Jan Martinek