Re: gEDA-user: mirrored footprint

Kai-Martin Knaak <knaak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi.
> I just hit a legitimate use case for mirrored footprints:
> A layout sketch for dead-bug-prototyping. That is, glue the component
> with its back to the board and do the wires manually. However, there seems
> to be no way to mirror a footprint.

I guess it is safest to make a mirrored footprint, thus clearly labeln
in the name.  Anything else will lead to inevitable desaster down the
road, when a board may end up with a mirrored footprint acidentally.

To make a mirrored footprint in the GUI is sufficiently easy.

--
Stephan BÃttcher                     FAX: +49-431-880-3968
Extraterrestrische Physik            Tel: +49-431-880-2508