Re: gEDA-user: New autorouter high effort mode

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 9:38 AM, Jan Martinek <honza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, now it works :-) I tried to run the autorouter, but it ate all my
> memory after several minutes.

Yes, for the PCB I'm currently working on I lose around 1MB per run of
the autorouter.
I set up the dmalloc library to investigate, but unfortunately just
starting PCB + loading a pcb + loading another pcb + quitting yields
memory leaks from the following sources:

hid/common/actions.c:269'
hid/common/actions.c:46'
hid/common/flags.c:41'
hid/common/flags.c:71'
hid/common/hidinit.c:171'
hid/common/hidinit.c:250'
hid/common/hidinit.c:659'
hid/common/hidinit.c:688'
hid/gtk/gtkhid-gdk.c:352'
hid/gtk/gui-log-window.c:150'
hid/gtk/gui-top-window.c:266'
hid/gtk/gui-top-window.c:2997'
hid/gtk/gui-top-window.c:3005'
hid/gtk/gui-top-window.c:3034'
hid/gtk/gui-top-window.c:3042'
hid/gtk/gui-top-window.c:3306'
hid/gtk/gui-top-window.c:3695'
main.c:780'
main.c:790'
main.c:800'
main.c:810'
main.c:820'
misc.c:1704'
mymem.c:663'
mymem.c:707'
parse_l.c:2232'
res_lex.c:1857'
rtree.c:453'
rtree.c:455'
rtree.c:762'
rtree.c:835'
rtree.c:992'
strflags.c:169'
strflags.c:169'
strflags.c:171'

Unfortunately there are far too many leaks in PCB for any quick solution :(

> Moreover, it uses layers which are disabled.
> And one thing - even if I select thicker traces (for example Power), it
> still uses default thickness (Signal).

Yes, I'm working on a fix for these problems.

> But it looks very promising, though. For my circuit it found solutions I
> have never seen before.

Great!