Re: gEDA-user: PCB: coordinates and angles of the components

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 12:22:43 +0100
Kovacs Levente <leventelist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have to put one of my boards into mass production. The factory
> require a text file which includes the coordinates of the SMDs, and
> their angle. The zero point must be at the lower left corner.
>
> I know the XY output of PCB, but it messes up the components with
> asymmetric pin layout (for example a SOT223 package).
>
> My wish would be to have some script which calculates the angle as
> the XY exporter, and simply put the coordinates of the component to
> the output file.
>
> Has anyone made such script? It would be great help.

Answering to my own email... Thanks to open formats, I did it in an hour. The
script searches for a special footprint (attached), and takes its position as
reference.

--
Levente Kovacs
http://levente.logonex.eu