Re: gEDA-user: Several Questions re. iverilog & geda-user

f m wrote:

>- Quest#5: Will iverilog meet my needs (when
>            I get it running)

Iverilog is by far the best verilog simulator in the opensource market.
 I would use it any day over a commercial product.  It is also very
active and improving in features all the time.  Stephen is now putring
in FPGA synthesis code to target devices from Xilinx and Atmel (not sure
about Altera).  It is a lot faster than it used to be thanks to the new
VVP target.  Stick with it.  You will be impressed.  If you want to try
it out first then maybe compile it on a linux or unix box.  There are
also prepackaged binaries for some Linux platforms.

Brendan Simon.