Re: gEDA-user: search path for gnetlist scheme files

On Monday, October 21, 2002, at 08:52  PM, Ales Hvezda wrote:
>> Is there a way to specify a search path for the scheme files used in
>> gnetlist? I would like to have gnetlist use the global gnetlist.scm,
>> but
>> use a gnet-*.scm file from my design directory. '(scheme-directory
>> "path")' seems to just take a single directory.
>
> 	Hmmm.. At the moment, no.  I take it you have a custom gnet-*.scm
> file that you would like to use instead of the system one?

Yeah, eventually I'll post it here in case anyone is interested, but it
outputs an HTML table with single-pin nets removed. The HTML table is
(IMHO) easier to read on paper than any of the other netlist formats. I
remove single-pin nets because I had a design with some net names that
were generated from a script (most of which were not being used).

> 1) Put all of your modified backend into a gnetlistrc file (like the
> one
>    in the current directory or ~/.gEDA/gnetlistrc)  If you have
> multiple
>    files, you can use (load "filename") so that you don't have to
> include
>    them all in the file.

So there's nothing special about the gnet-*.scm files (other than one
of them being loaded as specified by the "-g" flag)? This will probably
work just fine for me, then.

> You will probably have to modify the name of the backend so it is
> unique.
> Something like that at least (above is untested, but should work).

I'll let you know if it doesn't. Thanks!

--
Charles Lepple <clepple@ghz.cc>
http://www.ghz.cc/charles/