gEDA-user: Icarus Verilog and SMI

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting Icarus Verilog and the SMI add-on to work together.
Since they are specifically supposed to, I assume there is some problem with
my setup.  Here are the various versions:

Mandrake 8.2
gcc/g++ 2.96
Icarus Verilog 0.6.1 compiled from source (I also tried the 0.6 binary RPM)
SMI 1.3 compiled from source with threads enabled, and only the Icarus sim

I'm trying to run the SMI examples in smi-1.3/example/icarus directory.

The first problem was that Icarus didn't like the "$dumpflush" command in the
examples, so I commented that out, did "make" again, and now what happens is:

...i-1.3/example/icarus $ ../run -thread tb_transmit_fifo
## Simulation: run +thread0+tb_transmit_fifo
SMI: running tb_transmit_fifo
tb_transmit_fifo: initialized
Segmentation fault
Exit 139
...i-1.3/example/icarus $ ../run -socket 2345 tb_transmit_fifo
## Model: run -socket 2345[1] 5893
## Simulation: run +socket+2345
SMI: resolving SRAM(transmit_fifo)
Segmentation fault
Exit 139

Does anyone have this combination of Icarus/SMI working?

Help!
Scott