Re: gEDA-user: Ann: gerbv-0.0.10 released

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002, Stefan Petersen wrote:

> 'allo 'allo,
>
> it's time for the tenth release of Gerber Viewer, aka gerbv,
> the "super imposing" release.

just updated the NetBSD package.  It'll show up on ftp.netbsd.org in a day
or so.

> Greatest fix of them all. Super imposing. Handles paint-scratch-paint
> more proper. Changed dramatically how different layers are drawn "on
> top of each other". The good thing is that it actually work as intended,
> the bad thing is that redrawing is even slower. A great thanks goes to
> Dino Ghilardi that came up with the idea on how I should do this.
> You can select how different layers are imposed on each other. I don't
> actually know if they are to any use to anyone, but as GTK offered them
> I implemented them. For more gory details, see the man page. If you
> have any idea on how to use this, please tell me...;-)

well, a logical AND is good for "do I have silk screen on my pads
(detected by soldermask relief)" questions.  A logical xor is good for
finding where you have soldermask relief and no copper.  I'm sure others
could be useful somewhere.  Actually, if you have these logical operations
available to your coming scheme interpreter, you could do various DRC
checks.

-Dan