Re: gEDA-user: Hierarchy viewer and database proposal

Carlos Nieves Onega wrote:

El mar, 21-10-2003 a las 15:16, Stuart Brorson escribió:
[snip]

When placing a part, there are attributes which are defined
automatically, like refdes. I think that defining automatically numslots
and slot when placing a part will be an excellent solution, for both the
user and the backends. This is what I suggested, and Ales says he will
think about it...

Why not just assume a default slotting (1 slot) if the attributes are missing. In particular, there are applications where the concept of slots don't seem to apply, like in FPGA designs.

Bill