gEDA-user: Power nets in hierarchy

Hi.

I'd like to have a device type like 'power' for power bus symbols like vdd and vss. Rather than trying to overwrite the name of the net connected to these symbol's pins, I'd like to leave them alone until after flattening. Then, I can have a simple pass that changes the name of power nets to that of the power symbol. I would merge multiple instances of such nets at this time.

This is different functionality that that given with the net=<netname>:<pinlabel> attribute. That attribute assigns pins on footprints to signals, even when they are not available on the symbol. Power devices would globally override nets after flattening, but would have no effect until then.

What do you think?

Bill