Re: gEDA-user: Hierarchy viewer and database proposal

El mar, 21-10-2003 a las 23:22, Bill Cox escribió:
> Stuart Brorson wrote:
[snip]
> >*  As for DRC capability, what are the desired errors to search for?
> >Carlos's has most of the biggies, it seem to me.  (Again, I am not an
> >ASIC guru, so I may be missing something important.)
> >

> I wont reinvent any of the DRC's he's checking.  Does it currently deal
> with hierarchy?  For example, if there are shorted outputs on different
> levels of the schematics, will it be caught?

[snip]

I don't know if gnetlist deals with hierarchy. If gnetlist does it, then
the backend (as it takes the data from gnetlist) will do it.

The DRC backend distinguishes several types of outputs: normal output,
open emitter, open collector, tri-state and totem-pole.

The behaviour is configurable. There's a connection matrix which defines
what the DRC will do when finding such connection (do nothing, issue a
warning, or issue an error).

For example:
	OUT	OE	OC	TRI	TP
OUT	E			W
OE
OC
TRI	E
TP	E			W

This way, if two OUT pins are connected, the DRC will generate an error
message. If a tri-state is connected to an output, it will generate a
warning.

All configuration is done including a file before executing the backend,
as I explained yesterday.

Regards,

Carlos

Juega con Ventura24.es, lotería inteligente y multiplica tus
posibilidades!! http://www.iespana.es/_reloc/email.ventura